Few days back, I started solving some of the simpler challenges in Hackerrank.
I had to start with the simpler ones because I hadn't coded for almost a year and even when I was coding actively, I hadn't actually solved Hackerrank type problems since 2012.
I first started with the learning/practice domain for Ruby as it is my preferred language for coding and one that I would be using at work if I ever get back into coding at my job (Which is unlikely, as I'm currently a part of Business Development team at work, a job that I love a lot)
Once I completed the entire Ruby tutorial track, which took around 2 days, thanks to my attention-deficit laziness, I moved on to solving very simple problems in Mathematical domain and under the Project Euler contest.
My first attempt at Mathematical domain, as well as my First Problem in Project Euler went quite well, and cleared all test cases.
But, the second problem I solved under Project Euler did hit a snag for me, where it cleared only 2/7 test cases, timing out for the rest. Naturally this is an indication that the algorithm's performance needs exponential optimization, which I intend to do, over the course of this week.
My next few posts will be about the Problem statements of solved problems and the approach I took to solving them.
Lakshmi Narayanan Ghttp://gln.me
Knowledge Hunter, Blogger, Social Media Aficionado, Open Source FanBuoy, Tea Lover, Happiness Enthusiast @ Chargebee, Lead Volunteer at Headstart Network Foundation